Consolato Generale d’Italia
2590 Webster Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
Tel. +1 (415) 292-9203
Fax. +1 (415)-931-7240
The Education Office’s responsibilities are:
- to promote Italian language and culture courses in local schools in collaboration with Italian American associations and cultural/educational institutions;
- to assist these non-profit associations Istituto Italiano Scuola di San Francisco, Fondazione Italia Los Angeles e Italian Cultural & Community Center in Houston support Italian language and culture programs in local schools, through grants offered by Italy’s Ministero degli Affari Esteri e della Cooperazione Internazionale;
- to collaborate with the professional associations of teachers of Italian to improve the teaching of the language;
- to develop workshops for teachers, in collaboration with Italian and local universities, as well as the consortium ICoN;
- to provide information and support to enroll in Schools and Universities in Italy;
- to provide information and support on how to obtain declaration of value of degrees awarded in this consular jurisdiction;
- to provide information and support on how to have school and professional degrees recognized in Italy.
For information regarding the recognition in the United States of degrees earned in Italy please consult the website of the Department of Education: www.ed.gov/NLE/USNEI. Otherwise you may try contacting a private agency that specializes in these services.