Forms and Instructions available for this service:
- Form for General Power of Attorney
- Form for Power of Attorney for purchase of real estate
- Form for Power of Attorney for sale of real estate
- Form for Power of Attorney for inheritance
- Form for Power of Attorney for acceptance of donation or to donate
- Form for Power of Attorney for purchase/sale of motor vehicle
- Form for Power of Attorney for litigation
- Form for the request of an “Atto Notorio” for Marriage in Italy of USA Citizens
- Draft of personally written document for Power of Attorney for purchase of real estate*
- Draft of personally written document for Power of Attorney for sale of real estate*
- Draft of personally written document for Power of Attorney for inheritance*
- Draft of personally written document for Power of Attorney for purchase/sale of motor vehicle*
- Information on the procedure to validate for use in Italy a document authenticated by a US Notary Public
- List of Translators
- Apostille – Contacts of Secretaries of State
* The Consulate does not take any responsibility for the legal validity of the documents that are not prepared by Consular officials themselves.
CONTACT AND GENERAL INFORMATION
The Notary Office of this Consulate receives exclusively by appointment from Monday to Friday, from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm. The notary service is granted to all Italian citizens living abroad permanently or temporarily. For citizens of other nationalities the service is optional and requires residency in the consular district. The best way to contact the Notary Office is to send an e-mail. If you are seeking to receive a power of attorney or to marry in Italy, you must submit the appropriate form above alongside your request for an appointment.
The Consulate General of Italy in San Francisco provides many services that in Italy would require a Notary, such as: general and special powers of attorney; affidavits (only for Italian citizens); authentications of signature; etc. The Consulate can not provide direct legal assistance.
A personal appearance is required with valid identification (passport, identity card, or driving licence, etc.).
Married women must have proof of their maiden last name, in case their documents show only their husband’s last name (such as, birth or marriage certificate).
In general there are fees for each document and the amount varies according to the type of service provided and the currency exchange rate of the moment.
The most frequently requested notary services are listed in the menu to the right. For services and questions not answered by this webpage, please contact the notary office at email@example.com.