The Italian Consulate General in San Francisco, together with the Italian Cultural Institute in San Francisco, are excited to announce that world renowned chef Dario Cecchini (http://www.dariocecchini.com/dariocecchini/en/) will be in San Francisco for the first Global Week of Italian Cuisine. In addition chef Viola Buitoni will be hosting a truffle tasting on November 30th at the Italian Cultural Institute in San Francisco. Check out the schedule below for information on classes and restaurants where he’ll be teaching and cooking!
- Sunday 11/27 4 to 6:15pm: Arclinea (http://www.wpasf.com) Showroom 160, 2 Henry Adams, SF (between Rhode Island and Vermont, Alameda and Division Demo class on whole hog butchery with lecture on responsible and ethical consumption of animals, followed by prosecco and tastings of two of Dario’s signature delicacies. Presented by 18 Reasons ( www.18reasons.org ) to register https://18reasons.org/classes-events/2016-11-27/whole-hog-butchery-dario-cecchini
- Monday 11/28 10:30am to 12:45pm: New Seasons Market Evergreen, 5667 Silver Creek Valley Road, San Jose. Demo class on whole hog butchery with lecture on responsible and ethical consumption of animals, followed by prosecco and tastings of two of Dario’s signature delicacies. Presented by Community Cuisine ( communitycuisine.com) and NewSeasons Market Evergreen (https://www.newseasonsmarket.com/our-stores/evergreen/) Tickets can be purchased here: http://www.communitycuisine.com/products/nose-to-tail-butchery-with-italian-butcher-dario-cecchini
- Tuesday 11/29 6 to 9:30pm: 18 Reasons 3674 18th Street, SF (between Guerrero and Dolores) Nose to tail hands on cooking class. To register: https://18reasons.org/classes-events/2016-11-29/nose-tail-cooking-dario-cecchini
- Wednesday 11/30 from 6pm to 9pm: Italian Cultural Institute San Francisco – Truffle tasting with Viola Buitoni
- Monday 11/28 5:30 to 10pm: A16 Rockridge 5356 College Avenue, Oakland (between Manila and Bryant) http://www.a16pizza.com/ Special dinner menu with 6 specialties from Antica Macelleria Cecchini, prices a la carte. To reserve go to the restaurant’s website or call 510-768-8003
- Wednesday 11/30 12 to 2pm: Montesacro Pinseria, 510 Stevenson, SF (between 6th and 7th Streets) http://www.montesacrosf.com Special porchetta sandwiches must be booked in advance, only 50 will be available. To reserve http://www.opentable.com/montesacro-pinseria?ref=1068 or call the restaurant at 415-795-3040
- Wednesday 11/30 5:30 to 10pm – Boulevard Restaurant, 1 Mission Street @ Embarcadero, SF (http://www.boulevardrestaurant.com/) – Special dinner menu with 4 specialties from Antica Macelleria Cecchini, prices a la carte. To reserve go to the restaurant’s website or call 415-543-6084